Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Comments on Audio Podcasts

Magner's Comedy Festival: My opinions are quite biased because I covered this event. However, if I could change anything, I think I would have added more ambient sound in the beginning as well as possibly incorporating a joke from one of the winning comedians. I think our storyline was presented in a traditional "Hard News" style, which was effective; however, I think it would have been interesting to see what we could do if the podacst was presented in a more "feature" style. All things considered, I had a great time covering this story!

A Cappella Competition: I really enjoyed this podcast mainly because of the incorporation of the actual songs. The clips really made me feel like I was there and I wanted to hear more. I also liked the use of quotes. There was a good diversity of comments from fans to cometitors to a judge and I think it worked. I also enjoyed how the podcast was introduced. Not introducing yourselves was effective, and just starting with the music really worked.

Beanpot Final: I really liked how the storyline was presented. You guys both sounded like professional sports newscasters. I also enjoyed the clips from the coaches and players. Overrall the podcast sounded very professional. Because I do not follow sports news, I did get kind of lost in the sports news jargon, but I think that's okay. Also, I felt like it could have been shorter. I liked your opinions towards the end, but it could have been cut down. Overrall, great job

No comments:

Post a Comment