Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Comments on Audio Podcast

A Cappella Competition: I thought this podcast was really enjoyable and informative. I loved the incorporation of the actual groups singing and how you split up your tracks with music to make it flow better. I liked how many different people you interviewed although it would have been nice if you had identified more of the people, otherwise they become talking heads. I thought the introduction was well done, although your background noise was a little too loud as you started the first track which made it hard for me to follow the first few sentences. Other than those two small things I thought it was extremely effective and well done.

Beanpot Final: I think this podcast did a great job of integrating summary and analyzing into one. I though you guys picked some great quotes and the transitions from track to quotes were seamless because of your writing. Especially at the end I was impressed by the tracks and how well you two worked off each other. I thought you could have included some crowd noise at some point to show the excitement of the game. Also, I though the sound levels going from tracks to quotes (especially Jerry York) were slightly off (York tended to be quieter). Overall this was a great breaking news podcast that summed everything up and gave great insight on what's going to happen going forward.

Magner's Comedy Festival: I really liked how you followed an angle and really delved into it, especially because it's not one I would initially think of. I loved the fact that you interviewed the judge and I thought his insight was really interesting. A joke and ambient sound would have helped the pace a little bit. And as it was a comedy show I just felt myself waiting for the joke to come the entire time and was disappointing at the end. Overall though I got a great sense of the event and the overall feel, nice job guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment